Friday, December 17, 2010

End of the year, not end of life...

I would first like to wish everyone Happy Holidays! Be cautious of those that might want to cause you harm, seems there is alot of stealing and robbing going on right now. Also be careful of other drivers as this time of year is hectic, especially on the road...

Now that I am done with the pleasantries and well wishes... I am find myself a bit frustrated. I have been waiting since before Thanksgiving to get approval for my husband's GI Bill to get transformed to me. I don't undermind the great amount of work that anyone may have on their plate right now, but I have come to the conclusion that I should hold off on expecting anything business related to be completed before January 1.

It's really ridiculous. I think the only people that are still working are the bill collectors (way to go!). My suspicions of nobody finding it neccessary to be helpful during this time was further confirmed today. My youngest daughter has bronchitis and started a coughing spell last night. I gave her some cough medicine this morning and took her to daycare, but they called a little after 11 this morning for me to pick her up. I called my husband to go get her and he felt that he should take her to get seen... Well, he calls the clinic that she usually goes to and they told him that he would have to call back at 4pm because everyone was having a Christmas party... REALLY? I have an idea... why don't you hold Christmas parties outside of office hours? True enough, if it is an emergency we could spend from now until Sunday morning waiting in the waiting room, but that's not the point I am making.

I spoke with a client of mine the other day who is looking for a rental property. She called one of the local real estate offices who has a house listed she is interested in. She was told to come by to retrieve the key and return it by a certain time because they would be closing early to have their Christmas party.

I am not knocking Christmas or the celebration of it, but I feel there is a time and place. It's the end of the year, not the end of life. While you are picking over food that you don't want to eat cause you don't know who brought it or wishing that the party punch was spiked, please realize that life is still going on outside the conference room.

To the non-party goers (including myself) that are trying to get last minute business handled during this time of year:- how could we be so rude to think that someone should have been assigned to answer the company phone or attend the receptionist desk during normal business hours to assist us! There is egg nog and fruit cake to be consumed... So go find a party to attend yourself and put life on hold until January 2nd cause we all know that January 1st is booked up too!

Signing off: Elevate, Eliminate, Celebrate

No comments:

Post a Comment